Monday, June 30, 2008

My vacation

I have returned from a long absence to Corpus Cristi, TX. It was AWESOME! first we stayed in this really cool cabin in Rockport, TX. That's where my grandpa lives. Amazingly we got the coolest and the largest cabin. We had a TV with over 102 channels and as an added bonus we got the cabin that was right next to my grandpa's RV. The day after that we went to the beach in Rockport. The water there was Salty!! If you took just a gulp of it I can almost guarantee that you would HURL!. Yeah it was that bad. And you're talking to the guy that did it. Yes I know I'm brave and it's kinda dumb too but it wouldn't of happened if my dad hadn't dunked me underwater. So the day after that we went to the aquarium and this was a COOL! place you could touch stingrays! You could go down into this underwater viewing place where you could see dolphins. This is a picture of me and my brothers and sister and me at the entrance of the aquarium standing next to the whale fluke fountain.


Then after the aquarium we went to a Mexican restaurant. Then we went to the U.S.S. Lexington it was so cool! we saw a pearl harbor exhibit then we went and took 4 other tours. One tour was the bridge of the ship and another part of the tour led to escalators that were original to the ship. The ship was so big it had its own zip code! This ship was used in world war 2 and was used until 1992 where it was turned into a museum. It also had a barber shop, postal office, and dental office and much more. Here's the picture of the Lexington. Then we stood on the aircraft landing platform when we looked on the edge we saw tons of jelly fish and people were not far from were the jelly fish were. After that we passed by this huge bridge that can be seen from 10 miles away! When I saw this bridge I was like whoa! And my dad told me that my grandpa used to go down this bridge on an old skateboard. One that had metal wheels not the plastic ones on today's skateboards (my grandpa went down this bridge a lot back in 1965) here's the picture of the bridge (we were on the Lexington)The next day my dad took me and my sister and my brothers to see his old house, his school, and his grandpa's dry cleaners. We weren't able to get a picture of his house (because people live there now) but we were able to get a picture of his school and the dry cleaners.
This is another picture It's me in front of my Great grandpa's dry cleaners (this is where my grandpa my dad's dad used to come and hang out)But it was locked so we couldn't get in(bummer). We also saw the first Whataburger ( but the weird thing is is that it looked like a regular Whataburger). Then my dad showed me where he used to walk to the store with his grandma. We saw a bunch of other things. Over all this trip was one of the best trips I've been to in a long time.

Until the next time...

No comments: