Friday, June 20, 2008

Paintball

Sep. 4, 2006

Paintball

Tomorow, my grandma and grandpa are coming over to visit for Labor Day. Later in the afternoon, my dad and I are going to play paintball. I'm saving up my allowance so that me and my dad can actually play at the Rockwall Paintball Park - but it costs $50 for us to get in. My parents have me to pay for some of my entry fee.

I like Paintball because it is a sport that is fun and requires guns, but no one really gets hurt. I have a paintball gun that my grandpa bought for me. A little while ago I did a checklist over all my paintball equipment to get ready for the game, tomorrow.

This is what you need to play paintball:

  • You have to have a paintball marker (gun) or you can rent one.
  • You must have a mask so that you won't get hit in the face.
  • A chest protector is highly recommended by me, but is optional.
  • You must have paintballs. You can have different colors, but if you are playing against one other person, you can use 1 color.
  • These are the clothes that you need to wear. Do not wear orange, red, or yellow, because you will stick out like a sore thumb. You need to wear pants if you are going to be in a wooded area (like my big backyard - 10 acres).
This is how paintball is played:

  • It is sort of like hide and go seek, only with a weapon.
  • You hide behind whatever you can find (trees, cars, stacks of tires, old fallen trees, bushes, tall grass, etc.)
  • You shoot at your opponent. For those that have seen LOTR, you make an ambush attack.
  • Some people play in teams, I play solo against my dad, or against my uncle.
  • Most importantly DO NOT WALK IN THE HOUSE WITH PAINT ALL OVER YOU - Your mom will die!
p.s. Does anybody else here participate in paintball?



No comments: